Whenever you're getting ready to order a product from Amazon online, you can come instead to this page on the Charter for Compassion website. Here, you can order the same products, use the same Amazon wish list, and a small percentage of the price of your purchase goes to support the Charter for Compassion!
At 8:46 am on September 11, 2001, 14,000 people were inside the twin towers-reading e-mails, making trades, eating croissants at Windows on the World. Over the next 102 minutes, each would become part of a drama for the ages, one witnessed only by the people who lived it-until now.
Of the millions of words written about this wrenching day, most were told from the outside looking in. New York Times reporters Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn have taken the opposite-and far more revealing-approach. Reported from the perspectives of those inside the towers, 102 Minutes captures the little-known stories of ordinary people who took extraordinary steps to save themselves and others. Beyond this stirring panorama stands investigative reporting of the first rank. An astounding number of people actually survived the plane impacts but were unable to escape, and the authors raise hard questions about building safety and tragic flaws in New York's emergency preparedness.
Dwyer and Flynn rely on hundreds of interviews with rescuers, thousands of pages of oral histories, and countless phone, e-mail, and emergency radio transcripts. They cross a bridge of voices to go inside the infernos, seeing cataclysm and heroism, one person at a time, to tell the affecting, authoritative saga of the men and women-the nearly 12,000 who escaped and the 2,749 who perished-as they made 102 minutes count as never before.
- Publication Date: 2005-01-12
- Publisher: Times Books
- Product Group: Book
- Manufacturer: Times Books
- Binding: Hardcover, 352 pages
- Item Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 650L x 113W x 950H
- Weight: 145
- Package Dimensions:
- Dimensions: 930L x 590W x 140H
- Weight: 155
- List Price: $26.00
- ISBN: 0805076824
- ASIN: 0805076824
- From the Inside Out: Harrowing Escapes from the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center
- The Red Bandanna: A life, A Choice, A Legacy
- Tower Stories: An Oral History of 9/11
- Eleven Seconds: A Story of Tragedy, Courage & Triumph
- Above Hallowed Ground: A Photographic Record of September 11, 2001
- We're Not Leaving: 9/11 Responders Tell Their Stories of Courage, Sacrifice, and Renewal
- 9/11 Ordinary People: Extraordinary Heroes: NYC - The First Battle in the War Against Terror!
- Called: Hello, My Name Is Mrs. Jefferson. I Understand Your Plane Is Being Hijacked. 9:45 Am, Flight 93, September 11, 2001
- New York September 11